United placed the Brazil star on fully-paid leave earlier this month so he could focus on clearing his name after denying accusations by three women that he attacked them.
It’s understood that he was not arrested or detained at the end of the interview, and was allowed to go home without any restrictions.
United believe that Antony has provided enough evidence to support his strong denials of the allegations made against him, and have now cleared the 23-year-old to return to first-team duties.
Antony is set to resume training with Man United after a leave of absence (pictured right leaving a Manchester police station on Thursday evening)
The winger voluntarily underwent police questioning following allegations of domestic abuse
The 23-year-old was also dropped from his national team before returning to his home country
However, he will not train at Carrington on Friday or be involved in the game Crystal Palace at Old Trafford on Saturday.
Speaking on Friday, manager Erik ten Hag said: ‘On Saturday, he will be back in training, so tomorrow. I have to see, but I think, yeah [he’s fit].
‘We make the statement so I refer to the statement, everything has been made clear in the statement.
‘No, I don’t think it’s a distinction. We will focus on the games. He will do as well.’
United said in a statement that Antony’s situation ‘will be kept under review pending further developments in the case’.
It read: ‘Since allegations were first made in June, Antony has cooperated with police inquiries in both Brazil and the UK, and he continues to do so.
‘As Antony’s employer, Manchester United has decided that he will resume training at Carrington, and be available for selection, while police inquiries proceed. This will be kept under review pending further developments in the case.
‘As a club we condemn acts of violence and abuse. We recognise the importance of safeguarding all those involved in this situation, and acknowledge the impact these allegations have on survivors of abuse.’
Antony has missed the last four games since the international break after being dropped by Brazil and put on leave by United to stay in South America to fight the allegations.
He has been accused by his ex-girlfriend Gabriela Cavallin that he attacked on four occasions in total, including twice in the UK.
She alleges that the former Ajax winger, who joined United for £82m last year, assaulted her at the Hyatt Regency hotel in Manchester on January 15, damaging one of her breast implants.
She also claims that Antony cut her finger to the bone in June when he threw a glass at her.
Antony’s ex-girlfriend Gabriela Cavallin has alleged Antony attacked her on four occasions
Erik ten Hag will be able to call upon the 23-year-old but he will not be involved in Friday’s training or Saturday’s match against Palace
Another woman, 33-year-old banker Ingrid Lana, has come forward with a similar accusation. A third accuser, Rayssa de Freitas, is understood to have dropped her allegation.
The player made an emotional TV appearance in his homeland earlier this month to deny all the allegations.
Speaking to Brazilian TV channel SBT earlier this month, Antony said: ‘I know the truth and it will come out. I know many are butchering me, but the truth always comes out.
‘I’m 100 per cent sure I’ve never touched a woman, and I’ll come up with the evidence. I have never assaulted and I will never assault. I’m sure I’ve never committed physical violence. I have a mother, a sister, and I would never want this to happen to them.’
Content source – www.soundhealthandlastingwealth.com