Wise-Compare.com: Empowering Wise Decisions.

Now 57, Paul Hurren reflected back on his life-threatening experience and the signs leading up to it.

“My symptoms started two weeks prior,” the programme manager for a tech company in London, said.

“I could feel changes in my body and regular activities became much more difficult [to do].”

Paul, who was 51 at the time, said he became “extremely fatigued” in the days leading up to his heart attack.

During his “short walk” to the office, Paul noticed he would feel tired and clammy.

“I am a non-smoker and workout on a regular basis, so I attributed these symptoms down to anxiety and having a high-stress job,” Paul shared.

“However, one morning I woke up with a dull pain in my chest as though someone was pushing down on my body.”

Frightened, he called in sick for work. “Once they heard my symptoms, they told me to hang up and dial 999,” he said.

“I am so thankful that I did,” said Paul. “I was rushed to hospital and fitted with two stents all before lunchtime.”


Stents are inserted into narrowed or blocked arteries so that blood can flow freely to the heart.

The NHS clarifies that it is when the heart muscle is starved of oxygen, a heart attack ensues.

Stents are a short, wire mesh tube that is left permanently in the artery to support blood flow.

Following the procedure, Paul took eight months off work to fully recover and to spend time with his family.

“I’ve since made a full recovery and now put my health first,” said Paul.

Now, Paul is back to optimum health and has found a new love for gardening and wholesome country walks.

But, he has a message to share: “I know how important it is to get seen quickly,” he began.

“I want to tell others to dial 999 as soon as they begin to feel unwell and describe their symptoms. It might just save your life.”

Source: | This article first appeared on Express.co.uk

Content source – www.soundhealthandlastingwealth.com

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *